- Visual narrative
- Illustration – 4 pages
Environmental awareness comic co-created with school students.
Habits worth Changing is a comic featuring top tips for tackling the climate crisis, written by S1-S2 students of Blairgowrie High School in Scotland. The project was led by Nutrition Revolution with support from the Scottish Universities Insight Institute (SUII). It was a pleasure to be recommended for this project by SUII and a welcome challenge to create a visual narrative to portray the student’s tips in an exciting way.
- Tie together multiple disparate ideas into an engaging, unified experience
- Portray ideas in an accessible way appropriate for a range of learning levels
- Pitch the content at the right tone for the audience (11-13 yrs)
- I created a bright, exciting adventure story to tie together all the student’s ideas
- The story and characters are simple and relatable. Ideas in the text are echoed in the journey of the main character to consolidate learning
- The style of the comic was inspired by tv shows and comics popular among the audience
Has a sweet tooth, likes to support local businesses
Goes on a journey of self-discovery, driven, rebellious, resourceful
Toffee Apple Mother
Misses Chip, very patient, loving